1. What criteria would you
use to select Web transactions for load testing?
this again comes from voice of customer, which
includes what are the very commonly used transactions of the applications, we
cannot load test all transactions , we need to understand the business
critical transactions , this can be done either talking.
2. For what purpose are virtual users created?
Virtual users are created to emulate real users.
3. Why it is recommended to add verification checks to your all your
To verify the Fnctional flow....verification checks
are used in the scenarios
4. In what situation would you want to parameterize a text verification
I think verification is the process done when the test results are sent to
the developer, developer fixes that and the recitification
of the bugs. Then testor need to verification of
the bugs which is sent by him.
5. Why do you need to parameterize fields in your virtual user script?
need for parameterisation
is ,for eg. test for
inserting a record in table, which is having a primery
key field. the recorded vuser
script tries to enter same record into the table for that many no of vusers. but failed due to
integrity constraint. in that situation we definetly need parameterisation.
6. What are the reasons why parameterization is necessary when load
testing the Web server and the database server?
parameterization is done to check how your application performs the same
operation with different data.In load runner it is
necessary to make a single user to refer the page for several times similar
in case of database server.
7. How can data caching have a negative effect on load testing results?
yes, data caching have a negative effect on load
testing results, this can be altered according to the requirments
of the scenario in the run-time settings.
8. What usually indicates that your virtual user script has dynamic data
that is dependent on you parameterized fields?
Use the extended logging option of reporting.
9. What are the benefits of creating multiple actions within any virtual
Reasuability. Repeatability, Reliability.
10. Load Testing - What should be analyzed.
To determine the performance of the system following objectives to be
1) Response time -: The time in which system responds to a transaction i.e.,
the time interval between submission of request and receiving response.
2) Think time -: Time
11. What is the difference between Load testing and Performace
Performance testing verifies loads, volume and response time as defined by
requirements while load testing is testing an application under heavy loads
to determine at what point the system response time degrades